Sunday, September 6, 2015

Dawns Never Inn


DAWN'S NEVER INN LECTURE




I had the honor and privilege of being asked to do a paranormal lecture at a reportedly haunted business establishment called Dawn's Never Inn. (clever name. always found it amusing)

There was a great showing for the lecture. I had a lot of fun talking about the paranormal questions the attendees had about the paranormal. Everyone enjoyed a few good drinks, and at the end of the lecture, I took attendees to the basement in small groups to show them a few videos, have them listen to a few EVPs, and explain to them a little about what a paranormal investigation is all about.

With one group, we had a small surprise. I had just shown them a video of a ball moving on command  As I was explaining object manipulation, there was the sound of a chair moving loudly. At first I thought it was coming from upstairs since there were people in the bar, but someone mentioned they saw a chair in the corner move... and sure enough... it was displaced from where it had previously been.

Following the mock investigation of the basement, I was taken upstairs by a small group of those who knew the tavern well. Back in "the day" the tavern was a place for women of the night. in that particular area, many prostitutes met violent ends. The upstairs held many rooms, most likely way back in the day, these were for the prostitutes and their customers. In one particular room, we had serious activity happening.

We had 2 K-II meters, and my Mel Meter. I also placed recorders near the area for potential EVPs. When we asked a question, the meters responded dramatically. If we asked the meters to stop, it would do as we asked. If we did not ask it to stop, it would continue to stay lit. It seemed to respond more to two women the spirit seemed familiar with.

To make sure these spikes on the K-IIs were less than random, I would ask for a specific one to light up, then for both to light up at the same time. Each time, it did. Whichever K-II I asked to light up, would be the one that would light up. And they weren't small fluctuations, they went straight up to red and stayed there until I asked for the lights to turn off. On one occasion, the reaction to a question was so great, the Mel Meter spiked from a 0.0 to a 3.0 - quite a dramatic fluctuation - that only happened once in response to a question (more of a joke) I believe the spirit took offense to. At this time, the K-IIs lit straight up to red at the same time. 

Considering this was the only major spike on the MEL during the course of the investigation, it leads me to believe the spike was not random.

Choosing the way of asking these questions carefully, I knew the responses were more than coincidental spikes caused by the activity in the bar below. There would be periods where the meter did nothing, and if the meters did light up, I would ask the question again and ask for a specific meter to light up in response. 9 out of 10 times, it did. That would be one heck of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

When I got home to listen to the audio, I was not able to find any EVPs. Mostly due to noise contamination. The group in the one room was too big, and there were noises from downstairs that were filtering onto the audio. So there was nothing on the audio that I could pick out and say, "this wasn't made by unexplainable means"

However, considering the less than coincidental response of the K-II, the Mel, and the moving of the chair....

I would love to have the chance to get back into the tavern when it is completely shut down... to do another - full investigation. I'd also love to have the two ladies the spirit seemed to really respond to with me for the investigation. If I am able to work something out for Dawns Never Inn... I will post the full report here when the investigation happens.







No comments:

Post a Comment