Sunday, September 6, 2015

Intelligent Haunt


INTELLIGENT HAUNTINGS



Today I'm going to talk a little about intelligent hauntings. These are the easiest to pick out because they are the exact opposite of residual. Residual is like a tape playing over and over in time, nothing you do can change the course of the haunting. It will not interact with you, if you try communicating with it, it will not communicate back. It will not reply directly to your questions.

Occasionally, there will be a "coincidental mesh" where something you do or say will match up to the residual haunting occurrence which can sometimes give a false sense that it is in direct response to something you do or say. Many times this is caused by a trigger event like a phone ringing or a dog barking. It can start the event... and make it appear it's happening in direct response to something you did, when in fact, all you did was press play.

Intelligent haunts are ghosts, spirits, hauntings that are directly affected by things you do, and in fact, will interact with you or directly respond to your attempts to communicate. The best way to explain it is to use a real life scenario.

During an investigation, I placed a ball in front of me. I was alone in the room, so it was just me, my recorder and the ball. I asked if whatever was with me to play a game and push the ball towards me. The ball rolled to me.

I placed the ball in another area of the room and again asked that whatever was there move the ball towards me. I was sitting further away so it would have to move a little further. Again it did, and it did roll further.

I recorded this all on audio. I was the only one in the room, so there should be no other voices besides mine, however, between when I asked the ball to roll to me the first time, and when the ball actually rolled... there was an "okay". I asked the ball to roll, there was a voice saying "okay" and then the ball rolled.

It was in direct response to a request. It was more than a mere coincidence of events. And that is basically an intelligent haunting. Let me give you another real world example.

During an investigation something picked on me and I could feel a hand around my throat. After saying a prayer in my head it let go. When asked later if it had a problem with people, women specifically... on play back of audio... I heard a laugh... (Audio HERE <-- use headphones) almost as if it were mocking what it did. Again, that is an intelligent response. It is physically and verbally interacting directly with investigators.

Intelligent hauntings are spirits that were once humans. Just like people, some ghosts are just jerks as the last scenario I just described.

There are many reasons spirits may remain in this realm. Unfinished business is one reason many site. Perhaps they died unexpectedly and don't understand they're dead, won't admit they're dead even though they suspect it, or simply can not let go of their mortality. Perhaps a murder victim doesn't want to leave until they are able to see justice.

There are cases of spirits who have crossed over that are allowed by the grace of God to return and offer comfort to family and loved ones in deep mourning. They are not bound to earth, they have crossed over, but they are allowed to give a message.

This happened to me after the loss of my father. I go into a detailed explanation in my book “Ghost in the Coal Cellar”- but basically, I received a message from my father a month after he passed... as did my brother. On the message machine of a brand new land line phone, my first ever digital voice mail machine, my dad's voice came through white noise to tell my mom and I he loved us. That same night my brother received an AOL instant Message from someone sharing my father's name with the message, “The lightening is BEAUTIFUL up here!” My oldest brother shares my father's name, however he was on duty at the time the message was received. He was a police officer (now retired Sgt.) at the time and was actually in the middle of a traffic stop at that moment. Not to mention, it a very clear night. No storms. My other brother went to take a picture of the message, but it disappeared.

Fear is another reason they remain. They may not know where they are going... purgatory/hell/heaven – and fear keeps them from stepping through that veil.

Those who committed evil on earth sometimes wish to remain to continue that evil. And they know when they cross that veil, where they're headed. Why would the go there willingly?

One priest I spoke with stated, in some ways – the spirits that remain here could be in a sort of purgatory if not actually purgatory. Catholics and some protestants believe in Purgatory, a place where those who die in God's grace go to purify themselves of sin, so their souls can be pure and holy to enter the kingdom of Heaven. Could this be one phase of purgatory? Spirits being stuck in this plain of existence – leaking through from that side to this.

In my personal opinion – unless a spirit is here with malicious intent, the reason a spirit would reach out to us is for help, and that help usually means trying to find a way through this realm where time has stopped for them, but everything else moves on and changes around them, so they can go home to where they belong. As much as we paranormal researchers do what we do to find answers, and help our clients, we also have a desire to help the spirits.




1 comment: